Improved safety at the railway crossing
ShoreLink, Piteå Port & Hub and Green Cargo collaborate for a safer working environment at Haraholmen’s port area. The railway crossing has been supplemented with barriers and lights.
– We are happy to contribute to good security in the port area, says Ulrika Nilsson, CEO Piteå Port and Hub.
The number of trains passing through the port area is low. The requirements for the transition are that only so-called cross marks must be present. Now these are supplemented with barriers and lights. Piteå Port and Hub has previously installed, among other things, an automatic speed radar.
During a period, several risk observations were submitted, which caused Piteå Port and Hub, ShoreLink and Green Cargo to find new solutions.
– It is thanks to a very good collaboration that we can make these improvements, says ShoreLink CEO Peter Mörtlund. All parties’ systematic work environment work has been the basis of the work.
– We are happy to have been able to contribute to good security in the port area, says Ulrika Nilsson, CEO Piteå Port and Hub.
Before the train passes the crossing, the train driver now presses a button and the boom is lowered.
Lars Värnberg, group manager at Green Cargo, is satisfied with the new solution:
– Improvements of the work environment at the level crossing has been going on for a while, after a number of serious incidents were reported into our Synergy system.
– We are satisfied with the solution where barriers and light signals have been installed at the level crossing, which significantly reduces the risks at the level crossing.